With its iconic profile, the HANGING EGG CHAIR is a critically acclaimed sculptural shape originally produced in 1959. The design has long been coveted as a timeless silhouette for indoor applications and now you can have it for exterior as well. This new edition is crafted with a powder coated aluminum frame with woven Art-Fibre for year round use in your choice of two finishes.
ArtFibre® is a fibre made of dyed and hard-wearing polyethylene. It is ideal for outdoor use in any climate as it is temperature and UV-resistant. The ArtFibre® is flexible and, when woven, provides optimal comfort and a structure that is strong and can maintain its shape for years on end.
- Exterior Collection
- Designed and Woven for exterior use
- Ships Assembled
- Commercial/Contract Grade
- Available in Black or Natural color
- Can hold up to 450 lbs
- Overall: 34 in W x 30 in D x 49 in H
- Seat: 25 in W x 23.5 in D x 17.7 in H
- Weight: 32lbs
The Egg Chair is rated to hold 400 pounds. Professional installation is required for hanging the hanging/swing chair. The below are recommendations and must be reviewed and approved by a licensed professional in order to ensure they comply with local requirements and building codes.
HANGING FROM CONCRETE
Use heavy-duty pad eye secured to the concrete.
HANGING FROM WOOD JOIST OR BEAM
An appropriately rated joist or beam is required to support the maximum load (chair, equipment, and person) in both a static and dynamic load environment.
HARDWARE Suggestions(NOT Included)
*Review all hardware choices with your general contractor.
- Heavy Duty Square Pad Eye
- Heavy Duty Diamond Pad Eye
- Spring Clip: 400-pound static weight rating
- Jaw & Jaw Swivel: 600-pound static weight rating Chain: 1,200-pound static weight rating